A FREE VERSE POEM | Memories of childhood
A FREE VERSE POEM | Memories of childhood


A FREE VERSE POEM | Memories of childhood

 Memories of childhood dance in my mind,

Like leaves in the wind, gentle and kind.
Days spent playing in fields of green,
Chasing fireflies, and feeling serene.

I recall laughter ringing in the air,
As I spun around, without a single care.
Fingers sticky with ice cream and treats,
And the warmth of summer, where life was complete.

Memories of childhood, a treasure trove,
Of moments, precious, to be loved and known.
Of joys and sorrows, and all in between,
That shaped who I am, and what I've seen.

Like the whispers of ghosts from the past,
These memories linger, forever to last.
A reminder of innocence, and truth,
And the beauty of life, in my childhood's proof.

WRITTEN BY; SAIRA KHAN